Welcome!

Welcome to by Blog! I have worked all semester on finding and writing about different types of children's books. I am a Junior at ASU and an Elementary Education major. I teach gymnastics in Boone and love working with children. I hope to teach kindergarten or first grade at an under-privileged school in Charlotte when I graduate.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Predictable Books

There's a Wocket in my Pocket
Dr. Seuss
BEGINNER BOOKS, 1974
Predictable Book
Grades K-3

The character in the book is describing the house he lives in. There are funny creatures hiding throughout his house. Some of the creatures he enjoys like the"YEPS on the STEPS", however some of the creatures he's not so fond of like the "ZUG under the RUG".

This book is great to teach students rhyme. Students can predict where the creature are living in the house because the creatures' names rhyme with where they live. The students can interact by calling out the location of the creatures. Also, the illustrations are colorful and the use of funny creatures will captivate young students. Reading this book reminded me of my childhood when I read The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment