Welcome!

Welcome to by Blog! I have worked all semester on finding and writing about different types of children's books. I am a Junior at ASU and an Elementary Education major. I teach gymnastics in Boone and love working with children. I hope to teach kindergarten or first grade at an under-privileged school in Charlotte when I graduate.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Traditional Literature #2

Goldilocks and the Three Bears
By Caralyn Buchner and Mark Buchner
Dial Books for Young Readers, 2007
Traditional Literature
Grades 4-6

This book is a newer version of the classic story. Mama Bear, Papa Bear, and Baby Bear are all eating breakfast when they decide that their porridge is too hot. They decide to go for a walk when Goldilocks arrives and enters their house. She tries the porridge, their chairs, and their beds to find the ones that are just right. When the bears return home from their walk, notice that someone has been in their house. Baby Bear finds Goldilocks in his bed and wakes her up. She screams and runs out of the house.

This is another classic that I used to read when I was young. I will definitely teach this book to my students because it is such a well-known story. The book is interesting and an easy read, hopefully encouraging students to remain engaged throughout the story. The pictures are extremely colorful and accompany the story well. Even young students would be able to follow the storyline by just looking at the pictures. The lesson of respecting other's property could be taught to children as this book is read.

No comments:

Post a Comment